- 座位。可移動的椅子是室內公園的最佳選擇。在所有成功案例中，座位空間至少符合甚至超過相同面積戶外空間所能提供的座位總量，如每30平方英尺的開放空間中至少有一英尺的線性面積。然而，有一種趨勢是忽視牆緣和盆栽邊緣的潛力， 太多是無意中低於或高於需要的。
Needs for Successful Indoor Spaces
As an alternative to plazas builders have been turning into indoor spaces. There are many variants; atriums galleries, court-yards, through block arcades, indoor parks and covered pedestrian areas. The needs for these indoor spaces to be successful are:
- Sitting; moveable chairs are the best for indoor parks. In all successful cases the total amount of sitting space had met or exceeded the minimum recommended for outdoor spaces. One linear foot for every 30 square feet of open space. There is a tendency, however, to overlook the potential of ledges and planters. Too many are by inadvertence lower or higher than need be.
- Food; every successful indoor space provides food. The basic combination is snack bars and chairs and tables. Some places feature cafe operations as well.
- Retailing; shops are important for liveliness and the additional pedestrian flows they attract.
- Toilets; the facilities are modest, but their existence could have a considerable effect on the shopping patterns of many people, older ones especially.